10.05.2007

BERNIE'S MAGICAL MUSICAL MAHI-FUL LIFE

I know this is a blog about women on the water, but Bernie Mayers is the kind of guy we all dream about. He's charming, quick-witted, worldly, and got a fantastically outfitted and comfy sport-fishing boat. Of the starlets he’s worked with as a Hollywood music arranger, he picks the beefy boisterous girl from Queens, Ethel Merman, over Marilyn Monroe. He remembers the first fish he ever caught – at the age of eight – and has been passionate about fishing ever since; still active at 99 ¾ years old!

Recently I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon with Bernie and some friends in Marina del Rey. My story in Dockside doesn’t even begin to cover Bernie’s magical, musical, mahi-ful century – but take a look and be inspired.

(And I call this 'work'. How lucky am I?!)

No comments: