9.20.2007

WET WEDNESDAYS - IN & ON THE WATER

I love Wednesdays! First I get to lead water aerobics at the community pool: outside beneath palm trees and blue skies, with the ocean breeze coming from the south and the blue-grey mountains towering to the north. The class is at noon, so it's sort of like having 'recess' during the middle of the workday!

Then it's off to Santa Barbara in the evening to sail on Helene's boat '
Intuition'. Yesterday was particularly breezy with an Alaskan storm offshore (still nice enough to sail barefoot, in a tank-top and pants though) and we had fun as we went up and down and over and across the course, at the foot of the beautiful city of SB.

I love having a day when I get to be really physical and feel strong. Having had all that taken away from me; continually working so hard to get it back -- I truly appreciate the miracle of the human body and the blessing of good health!

No comments: