9.07.2007

GOOD FISHING : BAD HAIR

BACKSIDE OF SANTA ROSA ISLAND 09.03.07 -- I’m not sure what the correlation is between ‘bad hair’ and ‘good fishing’ but by the end of the day Monday I had a rip-roaring case of both.

Not that I’d really call what I was doing ‘fishing’ – I think I was just fortunate enough to be holding a rod that the deckhand stuck in my hands; and with a combination of assorted pointers and primal response, was successful in hauling up a bunch of fish.

I was with the Gold Coast Lady Anglers on Mirage, out of Port Hueneme. We left Sunday night (oh, after a large day for me: trophies in Dana Point, party in Long Beach) and the long, hot day, a bottle of wine, and sweaty bunk contributed to my fatal hairdo.

But who cares?! The fishing was so much fun! The boat was comfy, crew patient and helpful, the scenery spectacular, and the GCLA fantastic -- even if I did look like Einstein! And I think that was probably the best way to really go at it: with no worries about equipment or technique or what-do-we-call-the-greenish-stripey-ones …
Just go! Catch! Squeal! Repeat! It reignited in me a drive to learn whatever I've got to know, and get what I've got to get, to be an awesome GCLA fisher-chick.

PLACES TO LEARN MORE LOCALLY:

www.goldcoastladyanglers.com
www.chickswhofish.com

please contact me if you know of more

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Betsy,
I am interested in ocean going, lobster likely adventures.

Hope you get this

Carol Greeby